As Director of Marketing & Events, Sue Patterson is responsible for the overall strategy, planning and execution of marketing programs, advertising, promotions, ongoing activities, public events and live performances for the City Market.
In addition to developing marketing collateral, Sue generates content for thecitymarket.org, publishes e-newsletters, manages a large database and coordinates social media messaging. She also prepares and distributes media releases to promote events, tenant announcements, sales performance and other City Market news.
Her other areas of focus include:
- Creating and implementing strategies to increase City Market traffic
- Planning and monitoring media buys
- Negotiating promotional and media contracts
- Managing existing sponsorships and seeking new sponsorship opportunities and relationships
- Sourcing, writing, and submitting grants applicable to the property
- Implementing awarded grants and fulfilling related documentation and financial reporting
- Overseeing the use of the Farm To Table Kitchen for special event rentals and educational programs
- Managing the marketing and events budget
- Supervising contracted vendors, promoters and support staff for public events and concerts.Suehas more than 25 years of experience as an award-winning marketing communications professional and entrepreneur in Kansas City. Her multifaceted background includes brand management, media relations, advertising, corporate communications, print journalism, broadcast news, public affairs and children’s educational television.Throughout her career, Sue has worked for organizations ranging in size from small privately-owned businesses to enterprise-level publicly-traded companies. She has collaborated with C-level executives and helped clients in a variety of industries reach their communication objectives by developing and executing marketing campaigns, consumer messaging, corporate initiatives and community relations programs.She’s also been a familiar face with local television audiences over the years. Most recently, she hosted KCPT’s Imagine KC, a public affairs series focused on creating a more vibrant, connected and green Kansas City region. She also shared parenting tips and advice as a reporter for KMBC 9 News’, Practical Parenting, and encouraged children’s curiosity as the producer and host of KSHB’s 41 Fox Kids Club.Sue experienced success as an entrepreneur in the fitness industry as the owner and director of a popular boutique yoga studio in Prairie Village, Kansas. This venture provided her with tremendous business, marketing and customer insight.She is the recipient of an International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Bronze Quill Award, three National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences “Emmy” Awards, two National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Service to Children Awards, a FOX Children’s Network Award and a Missouri Association of Marriage and Family Therapists Service Award.Sue holds a Bachelor’s degree in Communications from Baker University in Baldwin, Kansas.